Russell & Jones Clock History
With the failure of the Terry Clock Company at Pittsfield, Mass. in 1888, the Pittsfield businessmen who were large investors, particularly brothers Hezekiah S. and Solomon N. Russell and Edward D. G. Jones, took over the operation. These men and their associates had supplied funds to buy, the bankrupt Terry firm at Waterbury, Conn. in 1880 and move it to Massachusetts in the summer of that year. They built a new factory for the operation in 1883.
By January of 1889, the firm’s name had been changed to Russell & Jones Clock Company and a trade catalog was issued with few changes, if any, from the old firm’s line. In 1890, the new firm issued a new catalog with a substantial number of new and unusual models. As far as can be determined, the firm discontinued manufacture and was disbanded in 1893.